Mark it on the Calendar
Sunday, October 14, 2018
Meet us at
DoubleTree by Hilton Halifax Dartmouth
101 Wyse Road, Dartmouth Nova Scotia
1 (902) 463-1100 Room rate code is CAN: $149
Click here to book your room online!
Why Attend the annual general meeting?
- Receive important information pertaining to industry updates and changes
- Run for a position on the Executive Board of Directors
- Participate in the election, and cast your vote in the 2018-19 Executive Board of Directors
- Network with industry professionals
- Attend classes
- Stay informed
Executive Board Election High-performing boards deal with “big picture” issues, are policy-focused and future-oriented.
Every year approximately 1/3 of the Board will retire and be replaced by newly elected or re-elected directors, this year there will be 3 vacant position of the Board, each position is a 3 year term.
- The role of the Cosmetology Association of Nova Scotia’s Executive Board of Directors is one of creating the future through forward thinking, strategic planning and action
- Members on the Executive Board of Directors deal with strategic policy matters relating to Member service, legislation and overall growth of the Cosmetology Association
- Members become a Director of the Executive Board of Directors by virtue of the Cosmetology Association’s Act and By-laws
Final date for nominations September 14th, 2018.
The association is looking for members who have been and continue to be good standing, from different locations throughout Nova Scotia. Prior to approving a nominee to run in an election the board will take into account the diverse needs of the association and the executive board.
Board members volunteer thier time to the association with a focus on strategic planning and policy, board members are reimbursed reasonable expenses (Mileage, Meals and meeting stipend).
Applicants must be a current member in good standing with the Cosmetology Association of Nova Scotia
Willing to meet at least 4 plus times per year, travel at times may be required
Be open minded. honest and have a passion for the industry
Utmost confidentiality is a requirement (elected candidates must sign a confidentiality agreement)
If you think this is for you or someone you know and you/they have the time to volunteer, then jump on board and get nominated for this years election!
Executive Board Application
Event Scedule coming soon!