How Committees are Chosen
The Association’s Committees are work groups established by the Board of Directors that serve as an advisory group and are selected from a slate of volunteers. The Association’s Committees are comprised of individuals with pertinent skills, knowledge and expertise, selected by the Chairperson.
- The Chair of the Committee presents the Committee’s final report to the Board of Directors via the Executive Director or the Commitee Chair, recommendations are presented to the Board of Directors, (no decisions are made by a Committee, since it is the role of the Board of Directors to make the final decision.)
- Committee members are approved at the first Board meeting after each AGM.
- All committees end when work is completed
1. FINANCE COMMITTEE (Standing Committee)
- Pat Twast (Chair)
- Dana Sharkey (Executive Director)
- Gail Slaunwhite (Financial Administrator)
- Cameron DeBaie
- Lisa Silliker
2. HR COMMITTEE (Standing Committee)
- Pat Twast
- Angela Burns
- Tanya Baker D'Arcy
3. DISCIPLINE COMMITTEE
4. REVIEW COMMITTEE
6. CLINICAL ESTHETICS COMMITTEE
- Lisa Silliker
- Julie Ann Deroche
- Kira Young
- Karen Matthews
- Lurinda Swanepoel
- Britiney Humber
7. NOMINATING COMMITTEE
- Jocelyn Melanson
- Dana Sharkey
- Bobbi Brooks
- Tracey Crawley
- Mary Robertson
- Tanya Baker-D'Arcy
- Kerry Constable
- Joanne Tidd
In 2016, the Cosmetology Association formed a partnership with the Nova Scotia Apprenticeship Agency. Subsequently, a Hairstylist Apprenticeship TAC was formed in 2017, with the Hairstylist Apprenticeship pilot project beginning in March 2018. The program continued until 2020 (the program is now closed to new apprentices). There were 8 apprentices working towards certification in 8 salons through the two-year period.
Click here for more information.
Update 2021 - The partnership continues with a 2nd Apprenticeship Hairstylist pilot program. https://www.nscosmetology.ca/students/apprenticeship-pilot
Registration closed March 31, 2021.