NOTE: A refund for services rendered does not fall within the jurisdiction of the Cosmetology Association to impose.
For a copy of the Association's official complaint form, please click here.
Please read the information below in full:
The purpose of the disciplinary process is to ensure the protection of the public and to maintain the preserve the integrity of the practice of cosmetology. (2012 c.39, s. 43)
A complaint may be initiated by:
- a member;
- any body, corporate, or association;
- an inspector hired or engaged pursuant to Section 40;
- a committee of the Association; or
- any other person.
Upon receipt of the complaint, the Executive Director may make any inquiries and take necessary steps to address the complaint and within 30 days, the Executive Director will provide their findings in writing to the respondent and the complainant. (2012, c.39, s. 48)
Within 30 days of receipt of the complaint, the Executive Director shall dismiss the complaint (in accordance with s. 5 of the Act), informally resolve the complaint, or refer to the complaint to the Discipline Committee.
The Executive Director may dismiss a complaint under the following guidelines:
- it is outside the jurisdiction of the Association
- it is frivolous or vexatious
- it is absent supportive facts
- the incident took place more than 2 years ago.