Join the Association for the next Members' Meeting!
Gain accurate and relevant information, find out what's new, ask questions, and let us know your thoughts and ideas for industry!
To register for the Members' meeting, please email:firstname.lastname@example.org.
Next Quarterly Meeting: January 22, 2024 - To be held online via Zoom.
TIME - 3:00 p.m to 4:30 p.m.
Meeting Agenda (Subject to change):
- Obtaining a licence in NS
- Reciprosity across Canada
- AGM By-law requests - update
- Clinical esthetics - update
- Additional items may be added for discussion by emailing email@example.com
We encourage you, as a professional cosmetologist and Member of the Association to come out and meet your Board Directors at the Association’s upcoming session.
Quarterly Meeting: June 4, 2023
TIME - 9:00 a.m to 12 Noon
- Virtual / Hands On Education.
- Members attending formal school training for additional licence levels and Members attending a non formal training professional development class. For example: A hairstylist who would like to add make-up to their Cosmetology portfolio.
- Eyelash Techs providing brow tinting & lamination services.
- Policy change: apartment salon and spa permits no longer issued by the Association.
- AGM in person or virtual?
- Mobile permit for special events ($25)
- Clinical Footcare specialist.
- Additional items for discussion may be added for discussion.
The Members' Quarterly Information Session and classes may be counted towards professional development requirements. Please take the time to register for the meeting and attend a class.
"Workplace Wellness- a TEAM effort with INDIVIDUAL awareness".
June 5, 2023 from 9am - 4pm
Learn about mental health awareness, psychological safety, workplace wellness strategies and more.
Presenter: Pam Hansen
Pam is an experienced Facilitator, Mediator, and Strategist with a demonstrated history of training and coaching both individuals and corporations in the areas of conflict resolution, mediation, and mental health First Aid.
The Customer Experience – Your roadmap to salon growth and profitability.
June 4, 2023 from 1 to 3 pm
How do you set yourself apart from your competitors? How do you find opportunities to grow your bottom line?
This training workshop provides a toolbox of skills for creating outstanding customer experiences. Participants will be empowered to turn loyal customers into brand advocates resulting in higher customer retention, improved retail sales, and increased service revenue streams.
Jocelyn is a Business Consultant with over 30 years in the Service Industry first as a stylist and educator, and then as Director of Operations specializing in Human Resource, Talent Development and Customer Experience. She thrives on sharing her passion and in-depth working knowledge to industry professionals.
Small Business Startup - A step by step guide to business requirements.
June 4, 2023 from 3 to 5 pm
Is starting your own business right for you? There is a huge opportunity for entrepreneurs to prosper in Nova Scotia. Being aware of all Provincial business requirements is the first step in getting a venture off the ground. This comprehensive workshop will guide you through all the requirements to start your business successfully.
Bobbi Brooks, Executive Assistant, Legal Compliance Coordinator, and Trainer has worked in the legal industry for over 25 years. Bobbi will lead you through the following topics:
➣ Deciding on a business structure.
➣ Business obligations for each structure.
➣ Choosing a business name and registering a business.
➣ Provincial and Municipal requirements.
➣ CRA requirements.
➣ Permits and paperwork.
➣ Association requirements.
February 12, 2023 (recap)
The Cosmetology Association has been active and legislated since 1962 and has seen many positive changes throughout the years. We encourage you, as a professional cosmetologist and Member of the Association, to come out and meet your Board Directors at one of the Association’s upcoming information sessions.
Quarterly meetings are held to meet with and hear from the Association's Members in a forum where Members can ask questions and obtain valid information.
- Clinical Licensing update
- New By-laws approved
- EyWhen do I have to attend professional developement classes
- Where do I attend professional developement classes
- Inspectors, Inspections
- Educational classes